Your Agreement Matters
Last Revised September 1, 2015
GPS is committed to helping employers compete more effectively in a global economy by hiring professionals who have a distinctive and valuable skillset of technical expertise combined with foreign language and cultural competency. Our vision is to fuel a more effective global economy with an efficient market of international talent by demonstrating the value of intercultural skills.
To achieve our mission, we make services available through our website, mobile applications, and developer platform, to help you, and millions of other professionals and employers meet, exchange ideas, learn, make deals, find opportunities or employees, gather information and make decisions in a network of trusted relationships and groups.
1.2. Scope and Intent
If you are using GPS on behalf of a company or other legal entity, you are nevertheless individually bound by these Terms even if your company has a separate agreement with us. If you do not want to register an account and become a GPS Member, do not enter into these Terms, do NOT click “Join” or “Get Started” or “Hire Talent,” and do not access, view, download or otherwise use any GPS webpage, information or services. By clicking “Join” (or “Join GPS,” “Get Started” or “Hire Talent,” or similar), you acknowledge that you have read and understood the terms and conditions of these Terms and that you agree to be bound by all of its provisions. By clicking any of our buttons to start looking for candidates or to start answering our questions, you consent to use electronic signatures.
2. Your Obligations
You must comply with all applicable laws and these Terms, as may be amended from time to time with or without advance notice, and the policies and processes explained in the following sections:
- DOs and DON’Ts;
- Complaints Regarding Content Posted on the GPS Website; and
2.2. License and Warranty for Your Submissions to GPS
You grant us a license to use the information you provide us. You own the information you provide GPS under these Terms, and may request its deletion at any time, unless you have shared information or content with others and they have not deleted it, or it was copied or stored by other users. Additionally, you grant GPS a nonexclusive, worldwide, perpetual, unlimited, assignable, sublicenseable, fully paid up and royalty-free right for us to copy, prepare derivative works of, improve, distribute, publish, remove, retain, add, process, analyze, use and commercialize, in any way now known or in the future discovered, any information you provide, directly or indirectly to GPS, including, but not limited to, any user generated content, ideas, concepts, techniques and/or data to the services, you submit to GPS, without any further consent, notice and/or compensation to you or to any third parties. Any information you submit to us is at your own risk of loss.
By providing information to us, you represent and warrant that you are entitled to submit the information and that the information is accurate, not confidential, and not in violation of any contractual restrictions or other third party rights. It is your responsibility to keep your GPS profile information accurate and updated.
2.3. Service Eligibility
You acknowledge that you are eligible to enter into this contract and you are at least our “Minimum Age,” and that the information you provide is truthful.
To be eligible to use GPS, you must meet the following criteria and represent and warrant that you: (1) are the “Minimum Age” (defined below) or older; (2) are not currently restricted from GPS, or not otherwise prohibited from having a GPS account, (3) are not a competitor of GPS or are not using GPS services for reasons that are in competition with GPS; (4) will only maintain one GPS account at any given time; (5) will use your real name and only provide accurate information to GPS; (6) have full power and authority to enter into these Terms and doing so will not violate any other agreement to which you are a party; (7) will not violate any rights of GPS or a third party, including intellectual property rights such as copyright or trademark rights; and (8) agree to provide at your cost all equipment, software, mobile access, and internet access necessary to use our services.
2.4. Your Membership
You commit to keep your password a secret, not to share an account with anyone else, and not to copy or transfer any part of GPS.
Your GPS Profile will become part of the GPS database. However, between you and others, your account belongs to you. You agree to: (1) keep your password secure and confidential; (2) not permit others to use your account; (3) not use other’s accounts; (4) not sell, trade, or transfer your GPS account to another party; and (5) not charge anyone for access to any portion of GPS, or any information therein. Further, you are responsible for anything that happens through your account until you close down your account or prove that your account security was compromised due to no fault of your own. To close your account, please contact GPS at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You agree to indemnify GPS and hold GPS harmless for all damages, losses and costs (including, but not limited to, reasonable attorneys’ fees and costs) related to all third party claims, charges, and investigations, caused by (1) your failure to comply with these Terms, including, without limitation, your submission of content that violates third party rights or applicable laws, (2) any content you submit to GPS, and (3) any activity in which you engage on or through GPS.
Candidates do not pay GPS to use the service. Employer clients do. This section relates to those who pay GPS for services.
You will honor your payment obligations and you are okay with us storing your payment information. Also, there may be fees and taxes that are added to our prices. We don't guarantee refunds. If you purchase any services that we offer for a fee, either on a one-time or subscription basis, you agree to GPS storing your payment information. You also agree to pay any applicable fees for our services as they become due plus all related taxes, and to reimburse us for all collection costs and interest for any overdue amounts. Failure to pay may result in the termination of your subscription. Depending on where you transact with us, the type of payment method used and where your payment method was issued, your transaction with us may be subject to foreign exchange fees or differences in prices, possibly due to exchange rates. GPS does not support all payment methods, currencies or locations for payment. If the payment method you use with us, such as a credit card, reaches its expiration date and you do not edit your payment method information or cancel your account, you authorize us to continue billing that payment method and you remain responsible for any uncollected amounts. Your obligation to pay fees continues through the end of the subscription period, at which time you may cancel your subscription. All applicable taxes are calculated based on the billing information you provide us at the time of purchase.
GPS’s refund policy is explained here . We do not guarantee refunds for lack of usage or dissatisfaction. You also acknowledge that GPS services are subject to these Terms and any additional terms related to the provision of the service. Additionally, if you require a printed invoice for your transaction with us, you may request one by contacting our Customer Support at email@example.com.
If you think you have to breach these Terms, you will let us know beforehand. If you believe that you are entitled or obligated to act contrary to these Terms under any mandatory law, you agree to provide us with detailed and substantiated explanation of your reasons in writing at least 30 days before you act contrary to these Terms, to allow us to assess whether we may, at our sole discretion, provide an alternative remedy for the situation, though we are under no obligation to do so.
2.8. Notifications and Service Messages
You give us permission to provide you with important notices on the website, mobile apps, or email. This means that the contact information you provide us must be accurate or you may not receive important notices.
For purposes of service messages and notices about services, GPS may place a banner notice across its pages including Dashboards to alert you to certain changes such as modifications to these Terms. Alternatively, notice may consist of an email from GPS to an email address associated with your account, even if we have other contact information. You also agree that GPS may communicate with you through your GPS account or through other means including email, mobile number, telephone, or delivery services including the postal service about your GPS account or services associated with GPS. Please review your Preferences to control what kind of messages you receive from GPS. You acknowledge and agree that we shall have no liability associated with or arising from your failure to maintain accurate contact or other information.
2.9. GPS Applications
These Terms applies to mobile applications as well. GPS may offer its services through applications built using GPS’s platform. Examples include smart phone applications (GPS for Android, GPS for Blackberry or GPS for iPhone), sharing technology, and other interactive plugins distributed on websites across the web (“GPS Applications”). GPS Applications are distinct from third party Platform Applications addressed in Section 4.2. If you use a GPS Application or interact with a website that has deployed a plugin, you agree that information about you and your use of our services, including, but not limited to, your device, your mobile carrier, your internet access provider, your physical location, or web pages containing GPS plugins that load in your browser may be communicated to us. Further, by importing any of your GPS data through the GPS Application, you represent that you have authority to share the transferred data with your mobile carrier or other access provider. In the event you change or deactivate your mobile account, you must promptly update your GPS account information to ensure that your messages are not sent to the person that acquires your old number. Failure to do so is your responsibility. You acknowledge you are responsible for all charges and necessary permissions related to accessing GPS through your mobile access provider. Therefore, you should ask your provider about the terms for these services for your specific mobile devices. Finally, by using any downloadable application to enable your use of our services, you are explicitly confirming your acceptance of the terms of the End User License Agreement associated with the application provided at download or installation, or as may be updated from time to time.
2.11. Export Control
You commit to upholding all export laws. Your use of GPS services, including our software, is subject to export and re-export control laws and regulations, including the Export Administration Regulations (“EAR”) maintained by the United States Department of Commerce and sanctions programs, maintained by the Treasury Department's Office of Foreign Assets Control. You shall not — directly or indirectly — sell, export, re-export, transfer, divert, or otherwise dispose of any software or service to any end-user without obtaining the required authorizations from the appropriate government authorities. You also warrant that you are not prohibited from receiving US origin products, including services or software.
2.12. Contributions to GPS
You grant GPS rights to any feedback and input that you provide to us. By submitting ideas, suggestions, documents, or proposals ("Contribution") to GPS through its suggestion or feedback webpages, you acknowledge and agree that: (a) your Contribution does not contain confidential or proprietary information; (b) GPS is not under any obligation of confidentiality, express or implied, with respect to the Contribution; (c) GPS shall be entitled to use or disclose (or choose not to use or disclose) such Contribution for any purpose, in any way, in any media worldwide; (d) GPS may have something similar to the Contribution already under consideration or in development; (e) you irrevocably and non-exclusively license to GPS the rights to use, leverage and promote your Contribution for GPS gain; and (f) you are not entitled to any compensation or reimbursement of any kind from GPS under any circumstances.
3. Your Rights
You agree to only access and use GPS in the way these Terms allows you. If you abide by these Terms, we grant you a limited right to use GPS. On the condition that you comply with all your obligations under these Terms, including, but not limited to, the Do’s and Don’ts listed in Section 10, we grant you a limited, revocable, nonexclusive, nonassignable, nonsublicenseable license and right to access our services, through a generally available web browser, mobile device or GPS authorized application, to view information and use the services that we provide on GPS webpages, in accordance with these Terms. This does not include scraping, spidering, crawling or other technology or software used to access data without the express written consent of GPS or its Members. Any other use of GPS contrary to our mission and purpose (such as seeking to connect to someone you do not know or trust, or to use information gathered from GPS commercially unless expressly authorized by GPS) is strictly prohibited and a violation of these Terms. We reserve all rights not expressly granted in these Terms, including, without limitation, title, ownership, intellectual property rights, and all other rights and interest in GPS and all related items, including any and all copies made of the GPS website.
4. Our Rights & Obligations
4.1. Services Availability
We may change or discontinue any services at any time. In such case, we do not promise to keep showing or storing your information and materials. We allow you to access GPS as it may exist and be available on any given day and we have no other obligations, except as expressly stated in these Terms. We may modify, replace, refuse access to, suspend or discontinue GPS, partially or entirely, or change and modify prices prospectively for all or one of our services for you, or for all our Members, at our sole discretion. All of these changes shall be effective upon their posting on GPS or by direct communication to you, unless otherwise noted. GPS further reserves the right to withhold, remove or discard any content available as part of your account, with or without notice, if deemed by GPS to be contrary to these Terms. GPS has no obligation to store, maintain or provide you a copy of any content that you or other Members provide when using our services.
4.2. Third Party Sites
4.3. Disclosure of User Information
4.4. Connections and Interactions with Other Members
GPS reserves all rights to limit the connections and interactions with and while using our services. You are solely responsible for your interactions with other Members. GPS may limit your use of our services, limit the number of connections you may have to other Members and may, in certain circumstances, prohibit you from contacting other Users through use of our services. GPS reserves the right, but has no obligation, to monitor disputes between you and other members and to restrict, suspend, or close your account if GPS determines, at our sole discretion, that doing so is necessary to enforce these Terms.
4.5. Intellectual Property Notices
GPS reserves all intellectual property rights to its services, including the copyrights and Intellectual property rights of GPS services, except for the limited license granted to you in Section 3. Global Professional Search, GPS, and the GPS “in” logos and other GPS trademarks, service marks, graphics, and logos used in connection with GPS are trademarks or registered trademarks of GPS in the U.S. and/or other countries. Other trademarks and logos used in connection with GPS may be the trademarks of their respective owners. These Terms does not grant you any right or license with respect to any such trademarks and logos.
GPS disclaims any legal liability for the quality, safety, or reliability of GPS. Do not rely on GPS or its suppliers, any information contained or provided by GPS or its providers, or their continuation. We provide the platform for GPS and all information and services on an “as is” and “as available” basis. GPS does not control of vet user generated content for complete accuracy. We do not provide any express warranties or representations. To the fullest extent possible under applicable law, GPS and its suppliers disclaim any and all implied warranties and representations, including and without limitations, any warranties of merchantability, title, accuracy of data, skills and capabilities, and noninfringement. If you are dissatisfied or harmed by GPS or anything related to GPS, you may close your GPS account and terminate these Terms in accordance with Section 7 and such termination shall be your sole and exclusive remedy. GPS is not responsible, and makes no representations or warranties for the delivery of any messages (such as posting of answers or transmission of any other user generated content) send through GPS to anyone. In addition, we neither warrant nor represent that your use of the service will not infringe on the rights of third parties. Any material, services, or technology described or used on the website may be subject to intellectual property rights owned by third parties who have licenses such material, services, or technology to GPS. GPS does not have any obligation to monitor the use of its services by others. Therefore, GPS disclaims all liability for identity theft or any other misuse of your identity or information by others. GPS does not guarantee that the services it provides will function without interruptions or errors in functioning. In particular, the operation of the services may be interrupted due to maintenance, updates, or system and network failures. GPS disclaims all liability for damages caused by any such interruption or errors in functioning. Furthermore, GPS disclaims all liability for any malfunctioning, impossibility of access, or poor use of conditions of the GPS site due to inappropriate equipment, disturbances related to Internet services providers, to the saturation of the Internet network, or for any other reason.
6. Limitation of Liability
Neither GPS nor any of our subsidiaries, affiliated companies, suppliers, employees, shareholders, or directors (“GPS Affiliates”) shall be cumulatively liable for (a) any damages in excess of five times the most recent monthly fee that you paid for a service, if any, or US $100, whichever amount is greater, or (b) any special, incidental, indirect, punitive or consequential damages or loss of use, profit, revenue or data to you or any third person arising from your use of GPS services, or any of the content or other materials on, accessed through, or downloaded from GPS. This limitation of liability is part of the basis of the bargain between the parties and without it the terms and prices charged would be different. This limitation of liability shall:
- Apply regardless of whether (1) you base your claim on contract, tort, statute or any other legal theory, (2) we knew or should have known about the possibility of such damages, or (3) the limited remedies provided in this section fail of their essential purpose; and
- Not apply to any damage that GPS may cause you intentionally or knowingly in violation of these Terms or applicable law, or as otherwise mandated by applicable law that cannot be disclaimed in these Terms.
- Not apply if you have entered into a separate agreement to purchase services with a separate Limitation of Liability provision that supersedes this section in relation to those services.
7.1. Mutual Rights of Termination
You may terminate these Terms, for any or no reason, at any time, with notice to GPS pursuant to Section 9.3. This notice will be effective upon GPS processing your notice. GPS may also terminate these Terms and your account for any reason or no reason, at any time, with or without notice. This cancellation shall be effective immediately or as may be specified in the notice. For avoidance of doubt, only GPS or the party paying for the services may terminate your access to any services. Termination of your GPS account includes disabling your access to GPS and may also bar you from any future use of GPS.
7.2. Misuse of the Services
GPS may restrict, suspend or terminate the account of any Member who abuses or misuses its services. Misuse of GPS services includes abusing the GPS messaging services; creating multiple or false profiles; using the GPS services commercially without GPS’s authorization, infringing any intellectual property rights, violating any of the Do’s and Don’ts listed in Section 10, or any other behavior that GPS, at its sole discretion, deems contrary to its purpose. In addition, and without limiting the foregoing, GPS has adopted a policy of terminating accounts of Members who, at GPS’s sole discretion, are deemed to be repeat infringers under the United States Copyright Act.
7.3. Effect of Termination
Upon termination of your GPS account, you lose access to all GPS services. The terms of these Terms shall survive any termination, except Section 3 (“Your Rights”) and Sections 4.1., 4.2., and 4.3. (“Our Rights and Obligations”).
8. Dispute Resolution
8.1. Law and Forum for Legal Disputes
In the unlikely event we end up in a legal dispute, it will take place in Maryland courts, applying Maryland law.
These Terms or any claim, cause of action or dispute (“claim”) arising out of or related to these Terms shall be governed by the laws of the state of Maryland regardless of your country of origin or where you access GPS, and notwithstanding of any conflicts of law principles and the United Nations Convention for the International Sale of Goods. You and GPS agree that all claims arising out of, or related to, these Terms must be resolved exclusively by a state or federal court located in Maryland, except as otherwise agreed by the parties or as described in the Arbitration Option paragraph below. You and GPS agree to submit to the personal jurisdiction of the courts located within Maryland for the purpose of litigating all such claims. Notwithstanding the above, you agree that GPS shall still be allowed to apply for injunctive remedies (or an equivalent type of urgent legal relief) in any jurisdiction.
8.2. Arbitration Option
Parties have the right to choose to arbitrate. For any claim (excluding claims for injunctive or other equitable relief) where the total amount of the award sought is less than $10,000, the party requesting relief may elect to resolve the dispute in a cost effective manner through binding nonappearance-based arbitration. In the event a party elects arbitration, they shall initiate such arbitration through an established alternative dispute resolution (“ADR”) provider mutually agreed upon by the parties. The ADR provider and the parties must comply with the following rules: (a) the arbitration shall be conducted by telephone, online and/or be solely based on written submissions, the specific manner shall be chosen by the party initiating the arbitration; (b) the arbitration shall not involve any personal appearance by the parties or witnesses unless otherwise mutually agreed by the parties; and (c) any judgment on the award rendered by the arbitrator shall be final and may be entered in any court of competent jurisdiction.
9. General Terms
If any provision of these Terms is found by a court of competent jurisdiction or arbitrator to be illegal, void, or unenforceable, the unenforceable provision will be modified so as to render it enforceable and effective to the maximum extent possible in order to effect the intention of the provision; if a court or arbitrator finds the modified provision invalid, illegal, void or unenforceable, the validity, legality and enforceability of the remaining provisions of these Terms will not be affected in any way.
9.3. Notices and Service of Process
In addition to Section 2.8 (“Notices and Service Messages”), we may also notify you via postings on www.globalprofessionalsearch.com. You may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Additionally, GPS accepts service of process at this address. Any notices that you provide without compliance with this section shall have no legal effect.
9.4. Entire Agreement
You agree that these Terms constitutes the entire, complete and exclusive agreement between you and GPS regarding all services and supersedes all prior agreements and understandings, whether written or oral, or whether established by custom, practice, policy or precedent, with respect to the subject matter of these Terms. You also may be subject to additional terms and conditions that may apply when you use or purchase certain other GPS services, third-party content or third party software.
9.6. No Informal Waivers, Agreements or Representations
Our failure to act with respect to a breach of these Terms by you or others does not waive our right to act with respect to that breach or subsequent similar or other breaches. Except as expressly and specifically contemplated by the Agreement, no representations, statements, consents, waivers or other acts or omissions by GPS or any GPS Affiliate shall be deemed legally binding on any GPS Affiliate, unless documented in a physical writing hand signed by a duly appointed officer of GPS.
9.7. No Injunctive Relief
You waive your rights to try to stop GPS actions, but GPS does not waive its rights to ask a court to stop your actions. In no event shall you seek or be entitled to rescission, injunctive or other equitable relief, or to enjoin or restrain the operation of our business and its services, exploitation of any advertising or other materials issued in connection therewith, or exploitation of our services or any content or other material used or displayed through our website.
Entities other than GPS located at 1816 Redwood Terrace, NW, Washington, DC 20012, who own a 50% or greater interest in GPS (“Affiliates”) are not parties, but intended third party beneficiaries of these Terms, with a right to enforce these Terms directly against you.
9.9. Assignment and Delegation
You may not assign or delegate any rights or obligations under the Agreement. Any purported assignment and delegation shall be ineffective. GPS may freely assign or delegate all rights and obligations under the Agreement, fully or partially without notice to you. We may also substitute, by way of unilateral novation, effective upon notice to you, GPS for any third party that assumes our rights and obligations under these Terms.
9.10. Potential Other Rights and Obligations
You may have rights or obligations under local law other than those enumerated here if you are located outside the United States.
10. GPS “DOs” and “DON’Ts.”
As a condition to access GPS, you agree to this User Agreement and to strictly observe the following DOs and DON’Ts:
10.1. Do Undertake the Following:
- Comply with all applicable laws, including, without limitation, privacy laws, intellectual property laws, export control laws, tax laws, and regulatory requirements;
- Provide accurate information to us and update it as necessary;
- Review and comply with notices sent by GPS concerning our services;
- Use GPS services in a professional manner; and
- Use your real name on your profile.
10.2. Do not Undertake the Following:
- Act dishonestly or unprofessionally by engaging in unprofessional behavior by posting inappropriate, inaccurate, or objectionable content to GPS;
- Publish inaccurate information in the designated fields on the profile form (e.g., do not include a link or an email address in the name field). Please also protect sensitive personal information such as your email address, phone number, street address, or other information that is confidential in nature;
- Create a Member profile for anyone other than a natural person;
- Harass, abuse or harm another person, including sending unwelcomed communications to others using GPS;
- Invite people you do not know to join your network;
- Upload a profile image that is not your likeness or a head-shot photo;
- Use or attempt to use another's account or create a false identity on GPS;
- Upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available or initiate any content that:
- Falsely states, impersonates or otherwise misrepresents your identity, including but not limited to the use of a pseudonym, or misrepresenting your current or previous positions and qualifications, or misrepresents your affiliations with a person or entity, past or present;
- Is unlawful, libelous, abusive, obscene, discriminatory or otherwise objectionable;
- Adds content to a content field that is not intended for such field (e.g. submitting a telephone number in the “title” or any other field, or including telephone numbers, email addresses, street addresses or any personally identifiable information for which there is not a field provided by GPS);
- Includes information that you do not have the right to disclose or make available under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships (such as insider information, or proprietary and confidential information learned or disclosed as part of employment relationships or under nondisclosure agreements);
- Infringes upon patents, trademarks, trade secrets, copyrights or other proprietary rights;
- Includes any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, “junk mail,” “spam,” “chain letters,” “pyramid schemes,” or any other form of solicitation. This prohibition includes but is not limited to (a) using GPS invitations to send messages to people who don’t know you or who are unlikely to recognize you as a known contact; (b) using GPS to connect to people who don’t know you and then sending unsolicited promotional messages to those direct connections without their permission; and (c) sending messages to distribution lists, newsgroup aliases, or group aliases;
- Contains software viruses, worms, or any other computer code, files or programs that interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment of GPS or any user of GPS;
- Forges headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any communication transmitted through the Services; or
- Even if it is legal where you are located, create profiles or provide content that promotes escort services or prostitution.
- Participate, directly or indirectly, in the setting up or development of a network that seeks to implement practices that are similar to sales by network or the recruitment of independent home salespeople for the purposes of creating a pyramid scheme or other similar practices;
- Duplicate, license, sublicense, publish, broadcast, transmit, distribute, perform, display, sell, rebrand, or otherwise transfer information found on GPS (excluding content posted by you) except as permitted in these Terms, GPS’s developer terms and policies, or as expressly authorized by GPS;
- Reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble, decipher or otherwise attempt to derive the source code for any underlying intellectual property used to provide the Services, or any part thereof;
- Utilize or copy information, content or any data you view on or obtain from GPS to provide any service that is competitive, in GPS’s sole discretion, with GPS;
- Imply or state, directly or indirectly, that you are affiliated with or endorsed by GPS unless you have entered into a written agreement with GPS (this includes, but is not limited to, representing yourself as an accredited GPS trainer if you have not been certified by GPS as such);
- Adapt, modify or create derivative works based on GPS or technology underlying GPS services, or other Members’ content, in whole or part, except as permitted under GPS’s developer program;
- Rent, lease, loan, trade, sell/re-sell access to GPS or any information therein, or the equivalent, in whole or part;
- Sell, sponsor, or otherwise monetize GPS information, Members, or any other service or functionality of GPS, without the express written permission of GPS;
- Deep-link to the GPS site for any purpose, (i.e. creating or posting a link to a GPS web page other than GPS’s home page) unless expressly authorized in writing by GPS or for the purpose of promoting your profile or a Group on GPS as set forth in the Brand Guidelines;
- Remove any copyright, trademark or other proprietary rights notices contained in or on GPS, including those of both GPS and any of its licensors;
- Remove, cover or otherwise obscure any form of advertisement included on GPS;
- Collect, use, copy, or transfer any information, including, but not limited to, personally identifiable information obtained from GPS except as expressly permitted in these Terms or as the owner of such information may expressly permit;
- Share information of non- Members without their express consent;
- Infringe or use GPS’s brand, logos or trademarks, including, without limitation, using the word “GPS” in any business name, email, or URL or including GPS’s trademarks and logos except as provided in the Brand Guidelines or as expressly permitted by GPS;
- Use manual or automated software, devices, scripts robots, other means or processes to access, “scrape,” “crawl” or “spider” any web pages or other services contained in the site;
- Use bots or other automated methods to access GPS, add or download contacts, send or redirect messages, or perform other similar activities through GPS, unless explicitly permitted by GPS;
- Access, via automated or manual means or processes, GPS for purposes of monitoring GPS’s availability, performance or functionality for any competitive purpose;
- Engage in “framing,” “mirroring,” or otherwise simulating the appearance or function of GPS’s website;
- Attempt to or actually access GPS by any means other than through the interfaces provided by GPS such as its mobile application or by navigating to http:// www.globalprofessionalsearch.com using a web browser. This prohibition includes accessing or attempting to access GPS using any third-party service, including software-as-a-service platforms that aggregate access to multiple services, including GPS;
- Attempt to or actually override any security component included in or underlying GPS;
- Engage in any action that directly or indirectly interferes with the proper working of or places an unreasonable load on GPS’s infrastructure, including, but not limited to, sending unsolicited communications to other Members or GPS personnel, attempting to gain unauthorized access to GPS, or transmitting or activating computer viruses through or on GPS; and/or
- Interfere or disrupt or game GPS or the Services, including, but not limited to, any servers or networks connected to GPS, or GPS's search algorithms.
11. Complaints Regarding Content Posted on the GPS Website
If you think someone has stolen or misused your intellectual property on GPS, please check out our Copyright Policy. We built GPS to help you be a more successful professional, and to help employers find the talent that they need. To achieve this purpose, we encourage our Members to share truthful and accurate information. We also respect the intellectual property rights of others. Accordingly, these Terms requires that information posted by Members be accurate and not in violation of the intellectual property rights or other rights of third parties. For any complaints regarding content or copyright issues, please contact our Customer Service department at email@example.com.
How To Contact Us
If you have questions or comments about this User Agreement, please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or a letter to:
Global Professional Search, LLC
Attn: User Agreement Issues
1816 Redwood Terrace, NW
Washington, DC 20012